Bio and CV
Here is Eileen’s CV for elearning leadership dittmar,_eileen_phd_cv
Here’s a list of Eileen’s Qualifications as an online ed leader QUALIFICATIONS
short bio v1
@DrEileenDittmar is an innovative higher ed leader, professor, blogger, and presenter on #E-Learning, #EdTech, #Innovation, #Trends; https://eileendittmar.wordpress.com
short bio v2
Dr. Eileen Dittmar is an e-learning expert, administrator, and instructor with a passion for technology and learning. Dr. Dittmar earned a PhD in Education from Capella University with Instructional Design for Online Learning specialization; Her dissertation’s title “An investigation of instructional design roles and practices used to develop and maintain interactive Web-based learning.” Dr. Dittmar received Capella’s Distinguished Faculty award and is listed twice in Who’s Who of American Teachers. Dr. Dittmar has a Masters and Bachelors in Business Education from Western Michigan University School of Business.
#E-Learning, #EdTech, #Innovation, #Trends; https://eileendittmar.wordpress.com
Short bio v3
Dr. Dittmar is a business professional, an e-Learning expert, administrator, instructor, trainer and consultant in curriculum, emerging technologies, who provides consultation and training for universities, state agencies, school districts, and teachers. She is nationally and internationally recognized as top e-learning educator sought for presentations and workshops to inspire faculty.#E-Learning, #EdTech, #Innovation, #Trends; https://eileendittmar.wordpress.com
- Follow Eileen’s WordPress https://eileendittmar.wordpress.com
- Follow Eileen’s Weebly http://eileendittmar.weebly.com
- Follow Eileen’s Tumblr http://dreileendittmar.tumblr.com/
- Follow Eileen’s Twitter @DrEileenDittmar
- Follow Eileen’s LinkedIn EileenDittmar
- Follow Eileen’s Delicious https://delicious.com/edittmar
Key Affiliations: @AACE @OLC @TCCOnline @WCET @educause @Merlot @NBEA @WAOE12 @CapellaU @WMichU @OaklandCommunityCollege
Hashtags: #ELearning #DigitalEd #DistanceEd #OnlineLearning #InstructionalDesign #CompetencyEd #CBE #EdTech #web20 #TechChat #HigherED #EdLeadership #School2Careers #CareerTechEd #SocialMedia #NSMNSS #Innovation #Trends
Dr. Dittmar brings the latest trends in education, technology, and business to her college students who are (or seek to become) educator and/or business professionals. She skillfully empowers her students to exceed goals and inspires them to succeed.
Dr. Dittmar has integrated an impressive 30-year academic career with business, IT, and management experience. Additionally, she is an online learning expert with strong leadership and management skills; a published author, and an international and national speaker who frequently presents ed tech & web technologies, and trends, threats & opportunities in distance education and business education.
Dr. Dittmar honed online learning and academic leadership skills during a 12-year tenure with Capella University (a fully online accredited university). Additionally, she earned a PhD in Education specialization: Instructional Design for Online Learning from Capella University. With Dr. Dittmar’s leadership, online programs exponentially grew while she collaborated with University-wide, cross-functional teams to assure high-quality learning, improved completion rates, and strong metrics in student and faculty satisfaction.
Dr. Dittmar contributes to peer-reviewed journals on ed tech, business, and online learning topics. Additionally, she is a frequent national and international presenter sought for her compelling topics including keynotes, featured sessions, hands-on workshops, and virtual presentations. Bridging her skills and passions, Dr. Dittmar publishes two daily Internet papers: HOT Social Media News! and Innovations in Distance Education. Dr. Dittmar received Capella’s Distinguished Faculty award and is listed twice in Who’s Who of American Teachers.
Dr. Dittmar has a Masters and Bachelors in Business Education from School of Business @Western Michigan University. Her Bachelor minors are Accounting and General Business. In 1994 she received Honorary Doctorate from National Association of Investors Clubs for her contributions to investment education in Michigan. She has mastered methodology in teamwork, quality learning, human relations, learning styles, including Dale Carnegie®.
Awards and Achievements
- Contributed to Capella University’s FlexPath® — award-winning, fast-track competency-based bachelor and masters degree programs approved by Higher Learning Commission and NUTN award 2014
- Designed and facilitated custom training for Capella University large corporate partner (Walmart) 2013
- Served on BS Information Technology ABET accreditation team; the first nationwide online program to attain ABET (www.abet.org) 2011
- Quality Matters online course recognition 2007 (first QM course at Capella)
- Blackboard Exemplary Course Best Practice Award 2007
- Capella University Harold Abel Distinguished Faculty Award 2005
- Listed in Who’s Who of American Teachers 2005,1998 editions
- Michigan Business Education Association Recognition Award (for contributions to business education) 2001
- National Association of Investors Corp. Honorary Doctorate in Investments 1996
- Michigan Education Association PR Award for positive results with engaging administration-faculty relationship 1995
- Dale Carnegie® Course and graduate assistant 1994
- Leadership Award from Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce 1988
- Woman of Achievement from Business and Professional Women 1988
- Strong technology, communications, and presentation skills.
- E-learning research and publishing.
- Proven leadership and people skills.
- Demonstrated strategic vision and action; collaborates cross functionally (up, down, and across) to grow online programs, increase learning, persistence, and satisfaction within budget constraints.
- Leadership with initiatives to increase online college student’s First-Year Experience success and Program Completion rates.
- Creative educator who is expert promoting others to use new instructional techniques and technology that spark student satisfaction, persistence, and success.
- Dynamic communicator/presenter on trends and topics to inspire faculty and others.
- Expert with how to train today’s students for tomorrow’s jobs.
- Nationally and internationally known as an online learning expert who exemplifies passion for student success while maximizing student and faculty satisfaction.
- Experienced with managing and leading geographically dispersed teams to meet and exceed university objectives; understands online faculty and how to engage them within the University and their classes.
- Effectively uses business acumen including ROI, metrics, and analytics to make decisions and exceed expectations.
- Master at instructional technology and online learning platforms such as Blackboard, WizIQ, WebCT.
- Experienced in growing online programs including course development, hiring and training faculty.
- Experienced in Higher Ed change management and tough decisions to promote future goal achievement.
- Skilled with Higher Ed virtual classroom observation and coaching.
- Experienced with competency based education both f2f and online.
- Experienced with accreditation of online programs.
- Career-focused learning advocate to spark embedding life and work skills into the curriculum while enhancing academic rigor and decreasing time to program completion. Integrated real- world career-focused learning includes transferable skills to any career such as technology, entrepreneur spirit, communication, and critical thinking.
Specializations and Research Interests
- Instructional Design for Online Learning
- Distance/Online Ed: Mgt, Strategy, Program Quality, Teaching and Learning
- Ed Tech, Emerging, and Mobile Technologies
- Teaching/Instructional Strategies
- Faculty Development & Management
- Information Technology, ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
- Leadership and Management
- Doctorate of Philosophy, Instructional Design for Online Learning Specialization; School of Education, Capella University, Minneapolis Minnesota
- Master of Arts, Business Education, Specialization Teaching Business; School of Business, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Bachelor of Science, Major: Business Education, Minors: Accounting and General Business; School of Business, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Associates Degree, Business, Oakland Community College, Union Lake, Michigan
- Honorary Doctorate in Investments awarded from National Association of Investors Corporation
- Studied Langford Quality Learning®
- Studied Dale Carnegie®
- Microsoft Office User Specialist and Master Instructor certified
- Novell Internet Business Strategist certified
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Associate certification
- Online Higher Ed experience (12 years)
- Off-Site Academic Leadership experience in online Higher Ed (10 years)
- Business experience: data analytics, metrics, ROI (10 years)
- Skilled virtual presenter with hundreds of virtual presentations delivered
- Online teaching experience (8 years)
- Experience as an online student (5 years)
Higher Education Teaching Experience
- 20+ years innovative online & f2f teaching at BS and MS level
- Recipient of Distinguished Faculty award
- Listed twice in Who’s Who of American Teachers
- Highly organized, able to develop and meet course objectives
- Authored several classes and workshops, online and f2f
- Consistently recognized for exceptional persistence and outstanding student satisfaction rates
- Solid presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Technology enthusiast with cutting edge integration to benefit learning outcomes
- Independent self-starter who exceeds expectations with little supervision
- Nationally recognized as top educator sought for presentations and workshops to inspire faculty
BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Academic Leadership (faculty chair, people management, use data analytics) – Capella University
- IT Consultant, Partnership Developer & Manager – DOE State of Michigan
- Public Relations – Kent ISD Employee Union
- Entrepreneur and Business Planning Consultant – Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Business IT Trainer (for companies to implement & use technology systems) — Independent contractor
- PM/Trainer, lead large church organization through integrating IT system
- VP Professional Development – Michigan Business Ed Association
- Treasurer, Board of Directors – National Association of Investors Corp.
- Real Estate Agent (Sales) – Greenridge Realty
- Corporate Treasurer and Board of Directors — Chemical Company, a subsidiary of Chrysler Corp.
Capella University, faculty and faculty chair BS Business and BSIT — 2002-2018
- Collaborated with cross-functional departments to develop, maintain, and promote online courses/programs.
- Managed online faculty team; engaged with inter-departmental teams to improve learning and teaching per data/metrics
- Completed Quality Matters online course recognition (Capella’s first QM course 2007)
- Served on BSIT’s ABET accreditation team; among the first national online programs to attain ABET (www.abet.org) 2011; contributed to Capella’s FlexPath® (an award-winning, fast-track competency-based BS and MS degree programs approved by Higher Learning Commission and NUTN 2014)
- Designed & facilitated custom training for a Capella University large corporate partner (Walmart) 2013
- Taught business and IT courses; recipient Distinguished Faculty 2005; listed in Who’s Who of American Teachers 2005; consistently achieved top learner evaluation scores
Eileen Dittmar Consulting: Business Consultant
- Active with IT system implementation by developing the systems, leading the employees through the implementation, and training them to perform their jobs with the technology; applied knowledge of business processes, project management, and technology — 1988-2004
- EdTech and Curriculum for higher Ed and CTE — 1988-present
State of Michigan Department of Ed
- IT Consultant, developed and managed IT Career Cluster Initiative and IT vendor partnerships to integrate IT into business curriculum — 2002-2004 (Recognition Award for contrib. to Bus. Ed. 2003)
- VP Professional Development Mich. Bus. Ed. 1996-2000
Eastern Michigan University and Western Michigan University, Adjunct Faculty
- BS and MS Ed Tech courses – 2002-2005
Grand Rapids Community College, Adjunct Faculty
Business Division, taught business com, accounting, introduction to bus, bus math; listed in Who’s Who of American Teachers (1998) –1988-2002
Greenridge Realty Realtor Associate
- Sold real estate, #2 in sales with 26 closings 1990; multi-million dollar club member — 1989-1991
Kent Intermediate School District, Faculty
- CTE Business, Mkg, Mgt, Tech instructor; union treasurer and union public relations leader (awarded PR Award for positive results with engaging administration-faculty relationship 1995) — 1982-2002
Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Business planner for entrepreneurs (awarded Woman Leadership Award 1988) — 1986-1989
National Association of Investors Corporation
- Developed local region, two clubs, performed treasurer duties and trained other treasures (awarded Honorary Doctorate in Investments 1996) — 1985-1997
Chemical Company, subsidiary of Chrysler Corp.
- Managing director and treasurer; performed management of national accounts, budgets, financials, and reports — 1980-1982
- Dittmar, E. (2013). Integrating Mobile Learning Technologies to Positively Impact Learning and Productivity. In T. Bastiaens & G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2013 (pp. 1484-1492). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).http://www.editlib.org/p/115089.
- Dittmar, Eileen & McCracken Holly (2012). Promoting Continuous Quality Improvement in Online Education: the META Model in the Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN) a Sloan Consortium publication ($5.95 download). Volume 16, Issue 2- March http://sloanconsortium.org/jaln/v16n2/promoting-continuous-quality-improvement-online-education-meta-model
shortened URL http://bit.ly/I10fkG
- Dittmar, Eileen M. (2011). Interaction in online business education. In L. Gueldenzoph-Snyder (Ed.) Effective online business education (pp. 126–147). Reston, VA: National Business Education Association.
- Dittmar, E. M. (2009). An investigation of instructional design roles and practices used to develop and maintain interactive Web-based learning. Ph.D. dissertation, Capella University, United States — Minnesota. Retrieved May 20, 2009, from Dissertations & Theses @ Capella University database. (Publication No. AAT 3349769).
- Bender, S. L., & Dittmar, E. (2006, August). Dealing with difficult online learners. International Journal of Instructional Technology & Distance Learning.
- Learning Medical Word Processing, Projects and Exercises, 2001. ISBN 1562438638. Prentice Hall Publishing. (co-author with Lisa Bucki)
- School to Work Internet Research Projects and Applications, 2000. ISBN 156243934. Prentice Hall Publishing. Now available from most online bookstores.
- Dittmar, E. (2000) “Integrating High-Level Communication Competencies Into Business Courses” NBEA Forum, April 2000.
- International Business Internet Research Projects and Applications, 2000. ISBN 1585770450. Prentice Hall Publishing.
- Dittmar E. (2000) “The Changing Nature of Work” Keying In, January 2000. (Contributing to Author June Wagner)
- Workplace Enrichment C21 Keyboarding and Information Processing. 2000. ISBN 0538592790. South-Western Education Publishing. (co-author with Karen Bean, Pat Butts, Ann Cooper, Elaine Langlois, Barbara Norstrom, and Aggie White)
Contributions to Publications and Textbooks Authored by Others (Peer Reviewer)
- Independent Journal of Management & Production, reviewer of business articles 2015 to present; (recently reviewed “Impact of technology over creative writing skill: A conceptual perspective”)
- Online Learning Consortium (former Sloan C) reviewer for online learning topic journal articles 2012-2014
- Computer Concepts Basics. 2004. ISBN 0619182954 Course Technology Division of Thomson Publishing.
- Microsoft Office Applications Advanced. 2003. ISBN 0619055006. Course Technology Division of Thomson Publishing.
- Investing in Your Future. 2001. ISBN 0538686073. South-Western Education Division of Thomson Publishing.
- College Keyboarding with Microsoft Word. 2000. ISBN 0538722517. South-Western Education Division of Thomson Publishing.
- Business Internet Research Projects and Applications, 1999. ISBN 156243800X. Prentice Hall Publishing.
Active Professional Organizations
- Association for Advancement of Computing in Education (E-Learning)
- Twitter chat/follow: #eLearning #busedu #symchat #edusocialmedia #NSMNSS #EdTech #EdLeadership #web20
- Educause: Transforming Education through Information Technologies
- Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan Consortium)
- Society of Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Western Cooperative for Educational Technologies
- World Association for Online Education – Secretary 2007, Vice President 2008-2010
- International Society of Business Educators–2002 to present
- National Business Education Association–presenter at 1999 to present, contributor to NBEA publications; contributing author to annual yearbook 2011 entitled Online Business Education
- Michigan Business Education Association–Vice President for Professional Development 1996-1998; Region Representative 1998-1999; speaker at conventions and workshops since 1996
Previous Professional Organizations
- Association for Business Communication–1998-2001
- Association for Computing Machinery–2002-2010
- Association of Educational Communications and Technology–2006-2010
- Business Professionals of America (National Student Organization)–Advisor 1991-1998
- Grand Rapids Business and Professional Women Club–Officer 1983-1990
- Information Technology Educators Special Interest Group of Association for Computing Machinery (contributor to 2006 publication; presenter 2006 conference)–2002-2010
- International Society for Technology in Education–2002-2010
- International Webmasters Association–1999-2002
- Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning–presenter and leader in workshops for teachers
- National Association of Investment Clubs–Co-founder of Western Michigan Council and clubs, Treasurer 1985-1992
- National Association of Investors Corporation (NAIC)–Director 1985-1990
Presentations (Detailed list of most recent events)
Google VS Microsoft: i-Cloud Productivity Practices presented at Western Business Education Association May 22-25, 2015 Scottsdale AZ
Social Media as an Employability Skill presented at Western Business Education Association May 22-25, 2015 Scottsdale AZ
#HOTWebTools presented at National Business Education Assoc. April 1-3, 2015 Chicago IL
SPARK Career Placement Success with HOT Web Tools, featured presenter for Michigan Career Placement Association Lansing, Michigan http://www.mi-cpa.org/ 6/17/2014
Five computer workshops on #HOTWebTools, #LiveBinders, and #School2Careers presented at National Business Education Assoc. April 14-19, 2014 Los Angeles CA.
Keynote Threats, Trends, and Opportunities in Online Business Education at Western Business Education Association February 16, 2014 Portland OR
#HOTWebTools and #LiveBinders presented at Western Business Education Association February 15, 2014 Portland OR
Spark Career Placement with Web 2.0 Tools presented AACE ELearn #ElearnConf Oct. 22, 2013 Las Vegas
Mastering Virtual Presentation Skills: Go Beyond Online Teaching with Virtual Presentation Skills presented AACE ELearn #ElearnConf Oct. 22, 2013 Las Vegas
Integrating Mobile Technologies to Increase Learning and Productivity presented at AACE ELearn #ElearnConf Oct 22, 20-13 Las Vegas NV
SPARK Career Placement Success with HOT Web Tools, featured presenter for Michigan Career Placement Association Lansing, Michigan http://www.mi-cpa.org/ 6/19/2013
Maximizing the Mentoring Relationship, customized training program for Capella University (designed and facilitated training program for large corporate alliance partner).Rogers Arkansas 6/3/2013
SPARK Learner Success with Innovative Web Tools presented for Capella University 4/30/2013 & 5/2/2013
SPARK Writing Skills with HOT Web 2.0 Resources for National Business Education Association Virtual Webinar 4/25/2013 Dr. Dittmar’s HOT Web Tools
HOT Web Tools for Business Education National Business Association Atlanta Georgia http://www.nbea.org/ 4/17 and 4/18 2013
Ignite Students to Improve Writing Skills Using WebResources for National Business Association Atlanta Georgia http://www.nbea.org/ (co-present with Sharon Keehner, Iowa) 4/19/2013
Integrating Technology into Online Teaching virtual presentation for Capella University Nov and Dec 2012; Jan and Feb 2013
Distinguished speaker Johannesburg South Africa Open Learning and Distance Education Conference August 30-31, 2012. Africa Summit, featured presentation E-Learning Trends, Threats, and Opportunities workshop Engage the 21st Century Learner with Active Learning and Web Tools
July 26, 2012, Keynote speaker at “Convergence is Key” e-Learning Summit St. Paul, MN Eileen’s Keynote Threats, Trends, and Opportunities in Online Learning Eileen’s breakout after the Keynote #Hot Web 2.0 Tools
Featured presenter for Hawaii Community College System and Hawaii Business Education Association. Presentations and workshops on LiveBinders: The Reinvented Binder, Creating ePortfolios in the Cloud with Box, Today’s Blogging for Tomorrow’s Leaders with WordPress, Engage and Inspire your Students with H.O.T. Web Tools; WordPress 101, Box.net, e-Portfolios May 4-7 2012
McCrackenDittmar_TCC2012_META Model for Online Faculty Development presented at TCC Online Conference, virtual presentation, co-presenter Holly McCracken April 17, 2012
Top 25 H.O.T. Web Tools for Today’s Business Educators presented at National Business Education Association’s annual convention Educating for Success in Business and Life! in Boston, MA April 3-7 2012.
“Integrating Mobile Learning Technologies to Positively Impact Learning and Productivity” presented at Society for Information Technology and Teacher Educators (SITE) international convention in Austin, TX March 5-9 2012.
“Beyond Online Teaching with Virtual Presentation Skills” presented to California Community College system (virtual presentation” March 2, 2012.
“AACE2012_Online Faculty Development Paper” presented at Association for the Advancement of Computers in Education’s online conference Global TIME: Global Conference on Technology, Innovation, Media & Education Feb. 7-9, 2012. (co-present with Holly McCracken)
“Engage the 21st Century Learner with Active Learning and Web Tools” presented at Western Business Education Association/California Business Education Association joint convention Making Waves—Creating Opportunities in Newport Beach, CA February 18, 2012.
“Beyond Online Teaching with Virtual Presentation Skills” presented at Western Business Education Association/California Business Education Association joint convention Making Waves—Creating Opportunities in Newport Beach, CA February 19, 2012.
“The Reinvented Binder” presented at Western Business Education Association/California Business Education Association joint convention Making Waves—Creating Opportunities in Newport Beach, CA February 19, 2012.
M-Technologies: Don’t Leave Home without IT! Presented to Capella University faculty (virtual presentation) January 16, 2012
Top 25 H.O.T. Web Tools for Today’s Business Educators presented at Michigan Business Education Association’s annual convention in Lansing, Michigan November 2-4, 2011.
Top 25 H.O.T. Web Tools for Today’s Business Educators presented at National Business Education Association’s annual convention Educating for Success in Business and Life April 19-23 New Orleans, LA (Microsoft Word version HOT Web Tools 4-2011)
Using “Just in Time” Web Tools to Engage and Motivate an Online Teaching Faculty presented at Technology, Communities and Colleges (TCC) Online Conference April 12, 2011 (co-presented with Holly McCracken).
Webinar “M-Learning: Don’t Leave Home Without it” virtual presentation for Capella University faculty November and December 2011.
Computer Workshop “Top 25 H.O.T. Web Tools for Today’s Business Educators” presented at Michigan Business Education Association’s annual convention in Lansing, Michigan November 2-4, 2011.
Computer Workshop “Top 25 H.O.T. Web Tools for Today’s Business Educators,” National Business Education Association’s annual convention Educating for Success in Business and Life April 17-23 2011 New Orleans, LA
Using “Just in Time” Web Tools to Engage and Motivate an Online Teaching Faculty presented at Technology, Communities and Colleges (TCC) Online Conference April 12, 2011 (co-presented with Holly McCracken).
“Motivating and Training Online Faculty with Web Tools” virtual presentation for Association for the Advancement of Computers in Education’s online conference Global TIME: Global Conference on Technology, Innovation, Media & Education Feb. 22-24, 2011 (co-presented with Holly McCracken).
Online Faculty Professional Development Series: Virtual Webinars November 2010 through March 2011 for Capella University
- “Webinar 1: Communication Strategies to Connect First Course Learners with the Course, Instructor, and Peers”
- “Webinar 2: Communication Strategies to Guide the Critical Thinking Process”
- “Webinar 3: Communication Strategies to Guide the Development of an Appropriate Problem Statement”
- “Webinar 4: Communications Strategies to Guide the Research Worksheet”
- “Webinar 5: Communication Strategies that guide a high-quality, on time Research Paper”
- Webinar 6: Communication Strategies for Successful Team Formation and Facilitation”
- Webinar 7: Communication Strategies for Faculty “in” the Discussions to Guide Learner Participation and Increase Learning”
“Dr. Dittmar’s 5-Star Online Teaching Strategies” virtual presentation for California Business Ed Association 11-7- 2010
“Dr. Dittmar’s Web-Based Teaching Applications in Business Education” virtual presentation for California Business Ed Association 11-6- 2010
“Professional Development for the 21st Century Business Educator” presented at Michigan Business Education Association October 29, 2010
“Google Docs” virtual presentation for National Business Education Association October 8, 2010
“Dr. Dittmar’s Cool Tools” presented for Michigan Business Education Association and State of Michigan Summer Academy July 16, 2010
“Live in Second Life” presented at National Business Education Association, San Diego, April 1, 2010
Computer Workshop “Everything Business Educators Need to Know About Social Networks and Wikis” hands-on computer workshop for National Business Education Association, San Diego, March 31, 2010
Computer Workshop “Everything Business Educators Need to Know About Social Networks and Wikis” hands-on computer workshop for Western Business Education Association, Reno NV, February 15, 2010
“Staying Connected Professional Development for Business Educators” presented to Western Business Education Association, Reno NV, February 14, 2010
1995-2010 Numerous national presentations (and virtual presentations) for online educators, business and technology educators, administrators, and schools